Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking to see if anyone has stayed here lately and what they thought of the property, looks like we may try moving our spot down here and save myself about 2 miles of walking minimum a day while we are there lol.

Thanks

·
Banned
2,054 Posts
I love that place! Really clean rooms and spacious! I only stay there when I have a female with me, otherwise, I am there to just fish my arse off so I stay at the trusty ole Falcon Motel.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah we love having a kitchen and hopefully this year I catch something that we might actually be able to eat (nothing better than fresh)

*edit* speaking of eating, I am gonna snag a rules and regs book and seeing that from what I have read the guys on 2nd Ave are awesome to ask for advice, but does anyone have any good sites to where I could read up on cleaning fish especially salties. Only real thing I have cleaned is fresh rainbows and that is a simple gut and ice. I checked the website but got over 500 results with > 20 pages and after 15 pages I gave up lol.

Thanks

·
Banned
2,054 Posts
how you clean it depends on what you catch and how you plan to cook it bro.

Just make sure you follow the regs and beware of the checkpoints. I am sure they will be starting up soon again so take it easy on the chillies.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
That is what I love about the pier being like 100 feet from the hotel room lol :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Last year when we were there we ate/drank at this little bar (bright blue building really great atmosphere) up near the Yachtsman (was staying at Seaglass) and we watched a guy get arrested for throwing the wrapper of his sandwich on the ground in front of two policemen, then they impounded his bicycle. Funniest part was the cops came over to the bar and stood for pictures and autographs while they waited for the tow truck. Oy that is where I learned about fishbowls.... Pretty sure my wife helped me back to the room that night :D

**Edit** Was looking through the old pictures...it was the Beach House...Primo staff

Ignore the date, our camera was screwed up lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.