Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been busy, first grandchild arrived a month or so ago. Flew to Colorado to meet that little bundle of joy. Still checking in here, miss many old friends, and hoping to do either some sand fishing, or pier fishing, in the near future.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Shaggy! My first grandson is 6 months old. Looking to become a full time cheater, gonna buy me a boat, and a truck to pull it. Get me a yeti 110 fill it up with some silver bullets......know what I mean? Just living this kinda life!

Reactions: shaggy

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
Good to hear from you Shaggy. I sure miss the old gang. Lots of great memories.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I used to frequent this site under another username that has since been lost or deleted. I remember seeing so much advice flow through from some of the older guys. Lots of stories, BS, Head Butting, advice, growing pains etc. The internet was more than just a gossip column for politics back then. It was a useful tool full of knowledge. So much has been lost. I have my first daughter due in 4 weeks. I hope to use what I've learned here to pass on my love of saltwater fishing to her one day.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
brob,
Because of what you remember, all is not lost. My son, now a grown man, remembers the guys from P&S from back then. He had big fun and I trusted the time he spent with them. He recently borrowed my surf gear, without my knowledge, and brought home some fish. I yelled at him for taking my gear but inside I was about to bust with joy. He learned and put that knowledge to use. The heritage of P&S will continue!

Reactions: brob757

·
Registered
24 Posts
brob,
Because of what you remember, all is not lost. My son, now a grown man, remembers the guys from P&S from back then. He had big fun and I trusted the time he spent with them. He recently borrowed my surf gear, without my knowledge, and brought home some fish. I yelled at him for taking my gear but inside I was about to bust with joy. He learned and put that knowledge to use. The heritage of P&S will continue!
That's a really awesome story. I like the way you look at things. I hope some day that I've learned enough to pass on half of what some of the guys on here passed down.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Speaking of old timers... how you guys doing? Rad, Shag and Cat... been a long time. This end?... new wife, new house, 7 grandkids, etc. Not much. :cool:

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Speaking of old timers... how you guys doing? Rad, Shag and Cat... been a long time. This end?... new wife, new house, 7 grandkids, etc. Not much. :cool:
Hey Rick. Me and the boys wondered what happened to you!! LOL.. Last time I remember when you put up that portable potty tent at Colonial Parkway. Sorry for linking you with a toilet. Hah!!!!

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Hey Peter! How's it going bud? Figures I would be remembered for the potty tent. :rolleyes: Worse things I guess. Been off the sand for a while and thinking about getting back out there. Been lurking on the board to see what's up.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Doing fine. Still chasing tails. Yeah you have to get the dust of your gears and get them...

Ahem, the kind with scales!!!

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Bubba Blue we did what I call "first sand" in your new to you jeep! I am still here.

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
It has been awhile for me. I hope to get back on the sand this fall, or for sure come spring.

Knees really suck right now. Next Monday I am schedule for a partial right knee replacement. Right now I am bone on bone on both knees on the inside. During the surgery, if the outer looks bad he will do a total knee replacement.

Hope everyone is doing good.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It has been awhile for me. I hope to get back on the sand this fall, or for sure come spring.

Knees really suck right now. Next Monday I am schedule for a partial right knee replacement. Right now I am bone on bone on both knees on the inside. During the surgery, if the outer looks bad he will do a total knee replacement.

Hope everyone is doing good.
I hope all goes well and you recover quickly.

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
Brob,

Thanks for well wishes. Hopefully this knee goes well and then do the left one. Should of done this years ago. Instead of waiting until the shots didn't work.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Orest my dad got both knees replaced and he was a new man after recovery. Wishing you the best. Infection seemed to be the biggest worry.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I’ve been fishing DE and Sc mostly but still haunt plo with my son and daughter. They are bucktail elitists just like daddy!

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
Orest my dad got both knees replaced and he was a new man after recovery. Wishing you the best. Infection seemed to be the biggest worry.
Thanks.

Looks like I am getting a partial, as the outside part of the is in perfect shape, Doc did another set of x rays yesterday and one set with squeezing a large foam ball between my ankles, it shows how good the cartilage is on the outside, nice and thick.

Being a diabetic is a issue with infections. Was tested for MERS and Staph. Positive for Staph. Using an antibiotic in the nasal passages to clear that up before surgery on Monday.

Haven't heard the results of the covid test.

More that a little nervous right now.

You still taking the ferry to work?

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
Wishing you the best for your surgery Monday. 🙏 Do the rehab and you'll feel like a new man.(y) Been there, done that - total hip and total knee replacement. BTW, I miss that fried
krout dish you used to bring to the spring SPSP outings.🥣

1 - 20 of 22 Posts