Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,A friend just told me that you need a license to surf fish.Is this true?Just asking because Delware changed there rules.I want to be legal.

Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Surf fishing does not require a license in Myrtle Beach (or any part of SC I believe when it is surf fishing). The only time you need a license (and I am sure others will say if I miss anything) bait fishing Shrimp, fishing from a private boat and I think crabbing requires a license. Fishing from a pier also does not.

Hope this helps!
:fishing:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
It's only a matter of time before s.c. will require a fishing license for surf fishing..I read this in the paper about a bill floating around the sc legislative branch..

I have no problem paying $10 for a yearly license but once it starts ...every year it keeps going up up up..

·
Registered
2 Posts
i do believe that all coastal states will be initiating requirements for saltwater fishing but of course if your fishingf froma charter boat or pier or anywhere you pay to fish, they should and will have you covered.

As for the licenses im not sure but i believe that all the coastal states will have this within the next few years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.