Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weatherman called for severe thunderstorms this afternoon/evening so I decided not to launch the yak ... of course it never happened.
Stood at the bridge on canary creek and played with the white perch busting bait.
Another kayaker came out from up the creek with a nice bluefish.
Gonna put in tomorrow morning

·
Registered
21 Posts
Where can I launch a kayak besides the public boat ramp off of Pilottown Road? I've read that parking at the CanalFront Park is capped at three hours? Trying to get on some flounder tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I pulled up to the tan pavilion above the tennis courts to unload and made the short carry to the kayak launch. Then parked along the ballfield where it says "Lewes little league" and had no issues. As you can see plenty of others park there. Not saying it's legal, just what worked for me
Property Map Light Green Nature

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not allowed to park there. You will get a ticket or towed if you are launching. Must park at meters. People will call on you & have your car towed or you will get a ticket.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Not allowed to park there. You will get a ticket or towed if you are launching. Must park at meters. People will call on you & have your car towed or you will get a ticket.
Thanks for the info fishde. Did you unfortunately learn the hard way? The day I went the place was packed (no baseball game) and cars parked everywhere. Seemed like a park anywhere situation. Are the parking regs posted there somewhere?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts