Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ended up at Lessner this evening about 5:30. Long line-up. Fished with one of the regulars, and he hit a nice 25" with a storm mullet. Tied one on and the rush was on! Nailed four fish from the parking lot side. Two went 25". Went over to the ocean side, waded out, tied on bubble gum with a 1.5 oz, nailed two nice 27" fish. Felt generous, gave all of them away. Not in the mood to fillet, you know. My skunk is over! No skates today gentlemen!
TC :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bubblegum:jawdrop: What kind of bubblegum?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
The bite is definitely on... fished in the Lynnhaven inlet today and got lots of hits on a Rat-L-Trap before low tide. The water was really low.

What length Storms were you using?

Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
206 Posts
lou

i think that u are making the same mistake i did. when people say they caught something on bubble gum it is a color of a grub. not real bubble gum. and i think that it works best using a white lead head.

dan lee

fish til it hurts

·
Registered
634 Posts
nice catch TC..glad the skunk is gone..what tide was that on? outgoing or incoming? dark or still light?......only time i have caught striper there was outgoing tide at night....i tried the other day during day and got skunked... next time its gonna be nighttime and outgoing tide.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Outgoing tide, zoom bubble gum colored fluke style bait. chartruese colored jighead. also a storm mullet pattern shad type lure, releled really slow.
Even with the tide receding and the water slowin down, it was magical!
TC:D

·
Registered
862 Posts
I hope that you gave them away when you got home. It is illegal to give striped bass away when/where you are fishing. Further I hope that you only gave your personal limit of two away.

4 VAC-20-252-50 G. It shall be unlawful for any person fishing recreationally to transfer any striped bass to another person, while on the water or while fishing from a pier or shore.

Tom

PS. I am forever giving striped bass away to my friends and neighbors, usually in the form of fillets.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Tom Powers said:
I hope that you gave them away when you got home. It is illegal to give striped bass away when/where you are fishing. Further I hope that you only gave your personal limit of two away.

4 VAC-20-252-50 G. It shall be unlawful for any person fishing recreationally to transfer any striped bass to another person, while on the water or while fishing from a pier or shore.

Tom
Yep, Any Fish given away counts towards YOUR limit. It sounds like you were a few:eek: over.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did not know the rules (no excuse). Guess it does not pay to even be a big hearted generous person anymore. Well, thanks for the info. I will not let it happen again.:jawdrop:

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
You can remain the "bighearted generous person" , I give fish away all the time, you just have to remember to do it the "legal" way. Take only the allowed amount and give them away after you leave the water your fish-hungry friends will love you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts