Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Hit the outside bar on wed. before the big blow with 3 other guys and nada. Not much current and very little bait that was noticable which may have had something to do with the lack of fish. Two weeks ago was a different story saw some slobs pulled out of there biggest was over 40" but that was 2 weeks ago just waiting for them to return.

·
Registered
10 Posts
A Serious blitz hit Monday night around 11:45 and around 30 fat 30'' plus fish were landed.It lasted for just over and hour and died off again.Darvin at Light House Tackle claims he landed 9 in that time...

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Hey latenite were those fish caught on the outside bar rampside . If not then where??!!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Thanks for the info, I'm guessing that they were caught mostly on large (cannonball) leadheads with some kind of grub tails. Let me know if I'm close. Oh yeah, was it on top or down on the bottom?

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I'm guessing that the yup was for the first question. The second question had two answers. Help me out here, inquiring minds want to know. I'm guessing that it bottom feeding. I was able to get into the Grey Trout bite in the exact same location this spring but the bait of choice was peelers.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Sounds just like what's hanging on the end of my rod now just waiting for the wind to slack off. I do appreciate your willingness to share info. It's hard to tell with some of the threads that have smelled this board up lately, but I think this is what the site is supposed to be like. Thanx again!!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Does anyone have a pic of the cannonball? Sand Flea was telling me about it and I think I know what it is but just wanted to be sure.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
No pics but it's just a nickname for a round leadhead jig. It resembles a miniball with a 7/0 hook sticking out of it.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
How about the hometurf at chix? You been doing much there lately ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts