Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the ramp side from maybe1030-1200. Got one little football fish at about 20-22 in. in the 1st 15 min. then nothing. lure was a 6 in rust colored generic storm. windy! saw a boat setup for offshore venture out only to turn back after the channel markers.

·
Registered
78 Posts
one is better than none, rock and glad ya got one!

i fished the ramp side up close to the bridge saturday morning from 10-11 and saw nada--maybe 7 guys out there throwing all shades of storm (i was using a pearl)--lots of weeds but no fish at all...even tried the bay side and got a lot of distance with the wind kicking behind me, all to no avail

first time i've actually fished that spot tho i've driven by there a thousand times before--i like the layout as you don't have to cross dunes....i was probably the only fool who actually paid to park, but there was a cop sitting there, so i thought i would be mr honest, lol--do they really enforce the parking there????

anyway, might try it again next saturday--beats the heck out of being a windshield at CBBT pier

fish on, mi amigos :)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dont know if they inforce, but I always pay its only 2 bucks, next time try about halfway between the bridge and the little point thats sticks out as you begin to turn into crab creek, I seem to do better there a bit away from the pilings, It was nice to not get skunked, even though I released him anyway. Also try a one ounce bucktail with no trailer/teaser just the bucktail. it will go much further out and sink into deeper water quicker..the grass was there for me too. rust/brown color storm has worked ok for me

·
Registered
78 Posts
'preciate the feedback...first time i ever fished storms, but will try the darker colors next week--also checked out your tog replies---i've fished cbbt quite a bit for them but i think it's pretty much all over this time of the year?

anyhoo....had a blast a chick's bar and grill after the freezing surf fishing incident--very christmassy and they even had xmas music playing...killer bloody marys...and i noticed if you look out the north window you can see lynnhaven all laid out in front of you...might be better to wait til you actually see a fish landed and then trek down thataway?

my plan next saturday is to start at lesner and then hit va beach and sandbridge...trying to entice june bug and tish to come up north...we'll see what happens...maybe we'll all hook up--who knows???

fish on dude

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea chix is great "I live about two blocks from there. yea gooood bloodies. I have been tryin to checks at the oceanfront and sandbridge when I can.see you out there

·
Registered
78 Posts
hey 1mo - i appreciate the hint and the invite--if there was anyway in the world i would make it down that way on saturday, but wifey has me on a short leash since my thanksgiving trip to nags head--almost didn't come home lol--but i hope you guys have great luck, both in the surf and in the black pelican, lol--oh, and if you get a chance, go say hi to yola at jolly roger's in the morning--she fixes one mean bloody mary and i think it's 3/5ths vodka in a wine carafe

and rockhead, i do indeed plan to hit lesner on saturday and don't know who i'll be with but i'm sure i'll have a great time wherever i end up (prolly at chicks bar before it's all over with, i'm sure)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts