Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is access for shore anglers there? How's the fishing environment? Anything regular size variety of fish being caught there lately?
I haven't been in more than many minutes. I am considering giving the old area a try.
Bathrooms sill open to public? I'm at the age where I need one nearby.
Thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
It’s a fraction of its former glory.. the space they left after the new bridge install is pathetic. There should still be the normal variety of fish if you are able to adapt to the conditions

·
Registered
127 Posts
I catch my bait there and there is always plenty goin on . This morning there were plenty of mullet and lots of boil ups. Dont fish there much but last year was good for pups and flounder and trout when i did. Cast net the live mullet carolina rig movin water watch out gettin excited might start bringin rod again

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Store bought Talapia fillets just aren't cutting it. I will try to make it out this week.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tried Lesner a few times this year as a matter of fact not much luck like in previous years. Besides the seaweed and debris underwater from the rebuild you gotta know the area or be hung up all day. Another problem is its more crowded with beach goers. Ideal spot if you got a kayak to get into the channel.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Was thinking the same Thrifty. Never tried bottom fishing there but looks promising without boat traffic. Spoke to some guys about 10 years ago that claimed to fish there for croaker with 10‘6” surf rods...makes sense with the current ripping through there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts