Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally arrived in virginia beach. I am planning on fishing mostly from lesner and the first chance. What are you guys catching down at lenser?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Went out there last night about 10 and the tide was coming in seriously fast. Could only wade out waist deep before I was about to be fish food. Threw everything.. Nada. Stayed till 1. Also had the heaver out with big slabo squid and my line was covered heavily with grass in about 5 minutes. Oh well, it wasn't raining.:cool:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just got back. Caught a 14 inch grey trout. Hit on a half oz blue/ chrome rattletrap. Had to call it quits when my dad couldnt finish anymore because of something with his back.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Fishnkid,

That is when you need to lug a chair down to the beach and tell him to just sit and watch.

Tom (The fast aproaching the sit and watch stage of life.)

·
Registered
196 Posts
That's the ticket kid. Get the old man one of those BJ's $10 aluminum fold-up jobs. Light and easy for YOU to carry :D.

Then rig him up a bottom rig and he can snooze, ah, I mean fish in comfort :) .

keep em tight.....Kurt

·
Registered
191 Posts
wazz up fishnkid
i fish les frequently
last evening before dark and we caught lots of blues on surf darts
also been doing good on minnows during day for flatties
and early morn like 3 to5 on out goin tide have hit 5 to 7 pound greys and striper
on bubble gum zooms and 1 1/2 oz heads good luck
:cool:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey fishnfool, are you going down to lesner tonight. I am going down to the duck inn side probably from 6 30- whenever. If you see a semi bald 5'8 guy(my dad) or a 5'9 short brown haired kid (me) come by and say something.

·
Registered
191 Posts
wazz up fishnkid
went down for a few i was on the boat ramp side caght tons of blues with surf dart and plenty of rays
did you have any luck on the duck side of lesner ? how was parking over there ??
good luck

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the parking was alrihgt. Ended up with 2 blues (rattletraps), 4 croakers(squid), a 10 inch flounder ( rattle trap). If you saw the big group of birds working out in the channel, they beached about 200 feet down from where i was. My dad and I ran down and managed get 2 blues on first cast and then it pretty much stopped. i am about to go down and see if i can catch some more.

·
Registered
191 Posts
zup all
yesterday fished ramp side lesner
caught 10 plus rays:---> but good came of it waited the tide out and the trout showed up few were caught around the 5 # plus around 28 to 30 inch mark
also few striper in the 20s but then the rays were back in full force had a window of 30 to 40 min as the low tide stated to slack up
good luck

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Got there at around 8 on sun morn and birds were going off every cast was a blue I was using a Hatteras sting silver pink and green. Caught over a dozen in a 2 hr period. Cow Nose Ray even hit the sting on top water 45 min later he was on the beach as well....... JAM

·
Banned
946 Posts
hmm

so ti soudns like down there at the duck in is a pretty hot spot right now...i might jsut ahev to call in sick tomorrow..

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Last night I waited for the blues to come in, they didnt so i grabbed my sting silver and an 8 footer and launched it out as far as possible. All of sudden my line started gettin out prettty fast. I had my hopes all up of something big and then 30 minutes later its 2 feet awayy from the beach and we see the wings. Pretty big ray. Popped off right when it get in the wash and took my sting silver with him. Later i tried my luck with blues. Had one spit out the rattle trap. Cant go down tonight because I am gonna help out on the first chance with the dolphin trip. But tommorrow night i will be down. Fishn fool tell me which side and what time if your going tommorrow and i will try and meet you there.

·
Registered
191 Posts
zup fishnkid wnet for couple hours today caught 10 plus rays and saw 1 flounder caught so dont know have too see what happensprobably around dark im gonna try duck side 1 day
good luck

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tried to fish duck inn today 2-5. NO bites at all. Man next to me got a 22 inch blue and my brother hooked into another one of those cow noses. tommorrow night i think i might give it a try again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts