Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out tonight from 9 till 12 and caught one nice, fat ,healthy striper measuring about 27" on spot. He hit hard and fought well,we had to revive him a little,took some coaxing and he swam away. Croaker and spot hitting blood worms and squid. That's it, FISH ON !!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
291 Posts
nice fish, yea i have hearde a lot about stripers in lynnhaven this summer. In fact they blitzed twice in one week, the week i was donw there and surprisingly those were the only two days i fished somewhere else.

·
Registered
191 Posts
the bait fish were every where last night
ther were many blues and all
the menhaden were so thick on the inside i was snagging them with the trebles on baits

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
fishnkid, the key to getting striper at the lesner is usually wading out far and fishing late at night under the lights. I have fished all day long with nothing good, came back at midnight/lowtide to get all the striper/trout I want. helps alot to wade out to outside bar otherwise your fishing in 4ft of h20 . just a heads up I know your a striper fiend.

·
Registered
291 Posts
yea i guess i see what you mean. Hopefully by the time i get my license i will be able to fish untill 4ish in the mourning. About the wading i dont necessarily need it from how im fishing. Im not looking to wade on the bar on the ramp side but what i do is pull is either fish a 2 oz white jighead and small plastic body or rockfish rocket and am easily hitting channel from ramp side or 4th piling on duck inn side. You think that would work or should i just forget all that and wade.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wade fishinkid, at least waste deep as long as the current isn't at mach10. The fish are there, it was low, slack tide when that fish was caught.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
yea your philosophy is good, but the real results come from wading, I have found the fish like a lure near the bottom so I fish a 1/2 oz jig real slow, 2oz will get you a long way out but also all snagged up. Also consider the duck inn side for your striper excursions, I have great luck there, but only average on ramp side. It is pretty quiet out there at 3am

·
Registered
402 Posts
there are some decent flounder by the pilots and some assorted smaller stuff, theres als one large snag

1 - 9 of 9 Posts