Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bluefish, striper, flounder, speckle trout, grey trout- things ive been catching. red drum- someone else caught. the trout have been very large and tasty. one speck at 8lb 12oz, several greys over 25 inches. :D

·
Registered
389 Posts
IMO the specks seem to enjoy the small pearl storm wildeyes with curly tail. Caught some in rudee when nothing else seem to work. Also have used oil colored grubs with small red jig head with some luck last year. Don't know if it's the best but they work.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Gus, have you been catching on the beach or on inlet (both)?

Thanks.....Kurt

·
Registered
160 Posts
i have been throwing the storm in variety caught some striper down at rudde the other night i guess i just got to keep trying for that trout

buzz

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
all fish were caught on storm shad lures, i fished on the edge of the channel by wading when its accessible. i wear cabelas waders and am usually the guy the farthest out. :eek:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Is that the channel on the inside or the outside? I'm usually on the outside and don't believe we've met. If you are on the outside there is a cut in the sandbar about 100yds. of the beach towards the pilings that produces well also. Hope to see you out there sometime, green rubber waders and a green vest loaded w/ lures.

·
Registered
291 Posts
gus u think the specks will be around around by like june 20th. School gets out then and im heading straight to the beach.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the trout should be around for a while yet. i went out tonight for a few casts and caught a nice striper, put a nice bend in my pole. jay b, i almost always fish the bay side of the duck inn on the tail end of the outgoing. will send in a pic of that speck soon ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts