Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could anyone give me directions to lesner bridge from richmond
and what kind of fishing license do you need, also did the sewage spill affect the fishing their for the weekend?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Directions. . .

Take I64 east North Hampton Blvd (RT 13 North). Follow the signs to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. Take the last exit before the toll onto Shore Drive. Turn right on Shore Drive. Go about 3 miles (my guess on distance) and you will come upon a tall bridge which is the Lesner Bridge.

To park on the boat ramp side (crab creek), turn right at the light just before the bridge. Turn left about 50 feet down the road and follow the signs to the boat ramp parking and find a single car spot.

To park on the Duck Inn side go over the bridge and turn left at the first light. The parking (Duck Inn lot but not to close to the Duck Inn) is adjacent to the bridge but you may have to drive a block or so off of Shore Drive and double back to get there.

As to what is biting, etc. others know better than me. But I don't think that the sewage spill is causing a problem there.

You need a Virginia saltwater fishing license for rod and reel fishing. If you are using a cast net for bait no license is needed. If you are using one for foodfish then you need a cast net license.

Good luck.

Tom

·
Registered
441 Posts
The traffic has been horrible during the weekend taking a normal 2 HOUR trip from Richmond to 5-6 hours.

You may want to consider going down to Petersburg then taking 460. I may take this route next time since the last trip was a complete disaster (took 5.5 hours). To make it worse, my radio didn't work.

·
Registered
225 Posts
yeah.... i would opt for 460. we came in on a thur and were stopped in the hrbt for an hr. it really sucks to see people fishing and catching at the bridge tunnell and you are STUCK IN TRAFFIC!!!! aghhhhh i hate traffic. to make it worse we were stuck at the same place on sun when we came back another 45 min in the tunnell. save yourselt the headache..... take 460

1 - 4 of 4 Posts