Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a work deal that dragged me across Lesner Sat. 8am and sure enough a small, but good knot of gulls were working tight to the NW corner of beach and bridge.

Got back to them 45 minutes later and they had pretty much broken up with some still working scattered. Blind tossed a Stingsilver for ~15mins to no avail before bagging it - probably nothing other then wishful thinking this time of year anyway :rolleyes:

Anyone C&R Rock fishing base of CBBT lately ? Anyone check out Sandbridge yesterday ??

Good fishin',

`bucket

·
Registered
256 Posts
didn't see any sign of birds working any schools yesterday in sandbridge, and none yet today either. small peaks breaking nicely with gentle offshores though, couple of surfers out enjoying it.

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the report/reply Sandcasting. And welcome to the board :cool:

We can all use as much info and pairs of eyes as we can get to maximize our fishing efforts. Looking forward to posts (and calls?) when a hot bite is happening down Sandbridge way :D

Good fishin',

`bucket

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Hey sandcasting -
What break are you looking at? Market? The 'church'? S-Turns? I'm too old to dip in the water below 50 these days even with all the new wetsuit technology. It's still COLD. I can't wait to see how many new breaks the beach replenishment program put in for us.

Thanks for the report and welcome to the board.

And if no one told you, as a Sandbridge resident, it is your obligation to post at the first sight of birds diving within casting distance. Can you throw in a daily surf report too (starting in April when it's tolerable with a 3/2).

·
Registered
340 Posts
I was in Sandbridge yesterday and I was driving up and down and saw nothing. As for the surf it was real good in front of the market towards the southern part of the beach right there. I also looked where they were pumping sand on the beach and I couldn't believe my eyes. There was a nice sandbar, with glassy chest high waves breaking. To cold for me though, I can't seem to get myself motivated like I used to.

·
Registered
256 Posts
only a few guys riding at the market, but half a dozen or so around the curve. i'm at the south end where they have already filled in the sand and continued on the the north. i haven't braved the icy temps yet, but it appears that the beach drops off much steeper now into the water. yesterday and today were the best waves of the year thus far. still no bird activity, but 5 or 7 boats out there near the curve for a while this afternoon. hopefully the rock haven't all gone too far south and ended the season.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you were going to take half a day and fish at the bridge what side would you work (the Duck In side or the other) and what would you throw at this time of year? Coming from "out-of-town" it would be hard to hit Chicks, Lesner, Sandbridge and Fort Story. Just looking for advise and thanks to all of you for the current forum.

- tight lines to you all.

·
Registered
56 Posts
speaking of the lesner bridge,i heard the tail end of a conversation on the capt. reese radio show this past saturday. it was mentioned that fishing will not be allowed from shore on the inside of the bridge, to include both sides. fishing under the bridge by way of boat is also supposed to be disallowed. has anyone heard of these upcomming retsrictions ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts