Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished at the Lesner for about two hours and then decided to go to the pier. I caught a huge ray at the lesner and my dad caught a pufferfish. Also saw people catching small croaker. At the pier people were catching blues, roundhead, croaker and I caught a small flounder

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey Tripp...did you catch alot of blues or just a few? Any special color Gotcha? I hear there have been a couple of Spanish seen there........I've had great sucess with the all gold gotcha ('gold card') at Sandbridge in years past....earned me the title of 'mackeral-man'....lol.
Fish it really fast right where we usually fish...If you're catching blues, you're going too slow.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I fished the Lynnhaven pier for the first time last weekend. I was impressed with the pier, 24 hour shop and the people. we caught a bunch of roundhead and small grey trout on blood worms and chunks. I took a couple of non-fishermen and there was plenty there to keep them entertained. I will be going back.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lou,
people were catching blues here and there, but there weren't very many. I went fishing tonight, 6/10, and caught one pufferfish. The pufferfish were taking over the pier. Saw a few blues caught and some roundhead, but no spanish mackeral.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
TRIP i havnt been paying to much att lately but have you been catching these on live bait ? cut bait ? or artificial ? what ever your using stick with it ! :confused:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I hear those puffers are tasty once you get past the rough skinned, bloated, buck teeth thing.. ;) I've been down at Rudee (just lookin) the past several mornings...the guys on the Croatan sea wall are producing...saw a dude this morning break something big off (trout prob)......
The Meter maids are a BIG problem in my opinion-maybe I should start another thread.....this one dude in particular is a pain. I see a dude pull up, just to stop and say "hey, catching anything"? and before he gets the words outta his mouth, the meter dude says "you better put some change in the meter"....he just puts a sour twist on things..folks need to be a lil nicer and stop running the locals away...the tourists are another issue ;)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
yea they are puttin a real squeeze on that spot, I started fishing the south croatan side of the inlet due to crowds, but now you have to walk about .5 miles to the beach. and god forbid you stay parked after 700 pm you will be towed 75$ and ticketed 10$. havent been back since I got towed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
inawe,
I've been catching the blues on got-cha plugs, altough I did have a nice one on last week from cut bait. Of course the thing bit right through the hook on my bottom rig....the one that got away.

I'm probably going to go to the pier (lynnhaven) tonight and try my luck. If I do I'll post the report here.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry for the late report. Fished the pier from 4:30pm through 10:00pm and caught small roundhead, croaker, white perch, and trout. Small blues were caught on got-cha plugs and a few small flounder were caught with cut bait and got-cha plugs. The rays are everywhere!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts