Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my cousin and i are beginners and we've tried fishing on the boat ramp side of the lesner bridge (haven't tried duck inn side) but can you tell us what we're doing wrong?...are we supposed to be or not supposed to be using bottome rigs... can we use fish finder rigs?...or are we supposed to be using lures...anyway if we're not casting and reeling with lures then how do we hold bottom... i've got a 9' okuma rod and reel and i've tried a 6 ounce triangle sinker but i still cant hold bottom against the current... please give us some advice...we would love to successfully fish there since i've been reading so much about how good the place is to fish....thanx for any info...wouldn't mind meeting any of you out there....we usually fish at night...2 asians (one filipino and one half white/half vietnamese but i look hispanic...hahaha) anyway any info would be nice...

·
Registered
172 Posts
my opinion

if your're flounder fishing maybe holding bottom is not a good idea. the weight will actually bump into the fish and stirr it up. that;s how i fished in NJ. in my opinion, the flounder will be attracted to the bait after it is tapped. I also think it is best on the incoming tide. either side. but the inside of the inlet on the parking side has alot of snags. bring lots of bottom rigs. besides, the fishing sucks now anyway. need a wind switch.
there's my opinion, but they are like a__holes...

·
Registered
867 Posts
I used to fish the duck in side many years (whoa way many years) ago. I would always bottom bounce the bait and have pretty good luck. Cast out up stream bounce it along and reel it back in when it got to far down stream.

Lots of people in boats will drift fish why not do it when you are fishing from the shore.

Tom

·
Registered
223 Posts
with that current as strong as it there during tide changes you arent gonna hold bottom. the way ive always fished there... and had good luck.. is a 2 oz carolina rig. sling it out and bump it back in slowly. if ya feel resistance pull up the slack and feel for the fish. you WILL loose rigs there. there is no way around that. the bottom is full of crap. i also like the duck inn side better. the current is not as strong on the inlet side there. give that a try you WILL get fish. also.... i would try lures in there. spoons and bucktails always worked for me.:D :D

·
Registered
389 Posts
Fished the ramp side last night on the inside of the bridge and landed one flounder 16" on the mark and a 14" Grey trout on a rattle trap. Both were released, and thats about it. Had whole mullet soakin also and no takers. Should have fished bay side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.