Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Lesner,Duck in side,5am to 830 am.Birds working,in-coming tide.Snotty conditions.Threw storms,metal,and a bubble-gum colored bass assasin on ¾ oz jig.Nada.Only thing I caught was a cold.Toes still frozen.Saw a few shore anglers that braved the conditions,and a couple of boats trying to head out……..
One thing I am asking for from Santa this year is a pair of good ole’ Isotoners.
Fingers, didn’t warm up until an hour after I got back.

Never made it to OI,sorry ‘bucket.Body was too sick.Justed stayed @ home and watched my Frozen Dolphins blow the game.

May try the Spit this evening after I get off from work.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
They look weird, but try a pair of latex exam gloves next time you go out. They allow your fingers to keep their dexterity (unlike regular gloves) and they keep the water and wind off.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Thanx for the report

Thanks for posting, sorry no fishies for you! I think 2morrow is gonna be a good day to get after 'em......... Ofcourse, it would be on a Tuesday.

Zigh
><((((*>

:D

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Regarding latex gloves..........

Well if ya say so,I would hate for a degenerate to pull pants down,bend over and cough 3 times.....:D Hoping for a physical

I hope that toilet humor didn't offend any1.

Saw a pair of wool mittens @ BPS.Fingerless gloves with the half shell to close over them.

Gonna deffinitely invest in something to keep my feetsy and handsy's warm enough to fish.
Wish X'mas was sooner.Got that Coleman personel heater on my wish list,might bring my propane tank,with the heater element on top,next time.:D

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
latex and construction ultility gloves combo...

i used these two combo.. no funny looking and keep you warm too. .. u can get a better grib w/ the construction ultility gloves...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Nitri-flexlite

Use surgical gloves covered with nitri-flexlite, these gloves fit to your fingers like skin--For those of you who have never seen them I will bring a couple of extra pair on Saturday for y'all to try

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
I use a pair of Neo's that you can remove the finger on the thumb and for finger. Works for me.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i was using the el cheapo brown cotton gloves saturday, and they barely kept my fingers warm, but no problem casting...since i can swipe all the latex gloves i want at work, might try them underneath the brown gloves

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
just curious here guys..........

but is burning propane lanterns, propane heaters, propane anything, etc....allowed on the beaches in Virginia Beach? I have that type lantern, but haven't taken it out there yet. Don't know if it fits in the "open fire/flames" category or not. Need some FYI on the rules first.

Would be cheaper and more reliable than constantly having to replace batteries for my other type lantern.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As long as it isn't a bon-fire

TA-Don't think it is an open flame.A controlled flame yes.I have brought my Coleman lantern out a few times this past season,and have the man walk upon me and asked to see my fishing liscense,and did not citation me about my gas burning lantern.

I have seen in the past,especially SeaGull Pier,folks bringing those small personal Coleman Heaters.I am exagerrating regarding bringing my propane tank,wife would kill me,since I just bought a brand new Char-Broiler grill

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
NS4D

Thanks for the info. I'll take mine along the next time I head to Lesner. About how long will the average type coleman lantern burn on one fill up?

Thanks again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts