Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished this a/m from 0500-0700 and managed only one 20" Skunk-buster. Only saw one other fish that was caught- pretty SLOW. Fished mostly the outside bar but checked everywhere since it was so slow and nowhere on the ramp side was really producing. Oh well there is a couple of fillets in the cooler waiting to turn into my dinner.:D

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
I took over at 9am with a slack tide and fished till 11am (still not much water moving then). Nothing! A few othersw were out there and nothing from them either.

Looked down Chix for birds, but none to be found!

Dixie

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dixie, I always fish that spot (for Stripers that is) with a moving current. There's a tide chart on the back page of the "D" section of the Va. Pilot everyday if you don't like the one in the Conditions section over on the left column of this site. The Lynnhaven Inlet has its own listing too. This morning the low was at 0921, which means that is when the current stops going out and soon will start to come back in. The most current usually occurs about 2-3 hrs. before the extreme low or high tides, so like this morning it was the best at 0600. Outgoing has been doing better there here recently and if you aren't a "morning person" then the same thing will happen tonight about the same time. Hopes this helps and good luck w/ the new arrival.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Yeah,

I knew I was skunked when I got there with the slack tide!

Had my best luck this year with the outgoing tide.

Maybe the Wife will let me sneek out 1 time over the next week if all goes well tommorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts