Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got off work a bit early and headed down to Lesner about 5pm after Okaying it with the wife.

Started throwing a 4" Storm Wild Eye (Red head/Clear) for about an hour to a pretty much slack tide and nothing. Water started to move a bit around 6pm and saw some others start to pull in some schoolie's around 18"-24".

Finally I managed a 20" schoolie myself and tossed him in the cooler (swallowed that Storm pretty deep). Couldn't stay much longer, left around 6:30pm to get back to the wife and kid.

Looked like they were still catching them when I left. Not a huge run when I was there, but steady! All fish I saw caught were on the boat ramp side from the bridge to about half way down.

Looks like the bite is finally changing (knock on wood)!

Dixie :D

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I fished Lesner from 5:30 to 8:15 tonight. Saw a few undersized caught and kept. I got a really good hit, but nothing came of it and that was that for me.

The wind really kicked up from the North about 7:30 and made it pretty difficult to cast, expecially with everyone lined up and down the shore.

There were MANY people there until the wind kicked up.

I will have some waders soon and want to get in the water for the extra distance, but I won't walk in the water in front of someone on the shore who was there before I was.

To me that is risky and a little tacky. I had two people do that tonight without so much as asking if I minded.

My inclination was to whistle one past his ear, but I didn't want to start trouble or hook anyone.

When I left, the Man had come to call. If he went down and checked there will be some sad fishermen tonight.

I don't think a small striper is worth a fine.

Bob

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ticky Tacky

Bob,

I'm with you on the etiquette piece! It's one thing if they fish were hitting fast and furious, but that was not the case tonight.

When I caught mine, someone walked all the way down the beach came and stood right in front of me with his waders in the water and began to cast.

:mad:

What can you do? Ain't worth the trouble! I'm not a pro and occasionally may screw up and get tangled with someone else, but at least know how to say sorry when that happens!

Hope "the man" ticketed that one guy keeping the undersized ones.

Dixie

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stork

Thifty,

Thnx for asking, but no stork sightings yet!

Figure with the bite starting to pick up, the stock will accidentally fly south and have to turn around and come back for the drop off.

Doing everything I can to keep a happy wife and have that little sucker!

Should be soon, I'll let you know!

Dixie

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Highcap If you are looking for Waders Give Bishop Fishing Supply a call. They are closing out the low end of their line Neo's for 80 bucks. They have a limited supply.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts