Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went down to get a part of the bite I have been hearing so much about. got there to find the marine patrol and a regular cop in the lot. The beach was almost sholder to sholder with people. (not my idea of fun) well anyway the wind started howlin but I made a few cast with 6" storm rust colored, came up with one small fish maybe 21" at most.. threw em back to grow up, to the dismay of several onlookers. The conditions were pretty miserable so I threw in the towel, ....I didnt get skunked though. talked with the marine patrol lady for a few minutes. she was trying to figure out this guy that kept saying he was waiting till midnight to go fish? probably cause he had a cooler full of fish already! anyway she was nice and didnt even ask to see in my cooler or for my license.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I was there from 7:30-8:45, wading out on the bayside. I had one bump and caught a fat 21"er using a 5" bunker colored storm. A few other fish were caught in the line up as well. The wind was kicking and I took a wave down my back, so I packed it in. Saw the "Woman" in the lot, but she didn't check my catch or my license, though she did back up her car past me and talked to a guy in the middle of the lot for about 5 minutes or so.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Sounds like

someone used that # on the back of their saltwater fishing license. Yep.........that's what it sounds like to me. Right down to the clothing description and all.:jawdrop:

OK. Whodunnit?:cool:

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Good job on the fishing & catching guys and yes this time of year it can get crowded. Good to know the "(WO)man" spends time down there, Ive seen some questionable sized fish leave out of there recently. Shoeless with the exposure to the waves from the bay and wakes from the boaters in that spot I always wear a hooded raincoat over my waders when I go to the outside bar just for those times you can't avoid taking one over the shoulder.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Out going TIde

Fished the Duck-inn side of the bridge.Multple bumps,during the beginnig of the out-going tide.

Got (1) a 24incher,but the bite died down as the outgoing tide got swifter.Fish bit on the spec colored 4 inch Ches.Bay lead inbedded shad.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
You musta fished the outside on the outgoing. There are so many hang-ups next to the bridge on both sides I've almost quit trying over there. 10 yrs. ago it used to be HOT on the incoming for the Specks but there again you had to stay away from the bridge. You didn't see old "Side-Slinging Willie" over there did you. Old White guy with a white beard that can throw a mile with that unique side-casting style.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
And once again jealousy rears its ugly head!! Go back to work and quit complaining!!:D That is one of the reasons I changed jobs.;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts