Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FISHING!! Woke up to a howling w/nw wind but went anyway. Glad I did , it was one of my best days so far this year. Not the best of conditions but a lot of fish. I managed to catch 8-10 Stripers in the 22-25" range and have two in the cooler that are 25", 5-7 lb. fatties. Between the 5 guys that were fishing there were 50-75 fish caught in a couple of hours. Most were caught close to us and were smaller, in the 16-20" range but they were caught one after the other. Most fish taken on leadheads with white grubs. Second day in a row with good results , the way it's supposed to be this time of year. Still looking for Bubba though.

·
Registered
634 Posts
duck inn or ramp side?...i might head out there for the outgoing tide today at 2pm.

·
Registered
691 Posts
nice going

Pretty work there Jay b!!! It's about time the fish started cooperating......... Fish On

Zigh
><((((*>
:D

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ramp side, I haven't fished the DuckInn side since last year. Besides with the 20-30mph west wind it really helped with the casting distance:D Kajun, good luck if you go and remember to post your results good or bad.

·
Registered
206 Posts
man i wish i didn't read this. i was out at seagull last night with my brother and a friend with nothing happening. so we packed it up and everyone was like what do u want to do and i said lesner and got out voted. so i guess i owe someone a good kick in the balls. oh well i guess i can always try tonight.

dan lee

fish til it hurts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I will be out at Lesner tonight. Probably go around 7 PM...

Would be GREAT to catch a fish again!

Wish I had those waders now!

Bob

·
Registered
634 Posts
i'm heading out there now... duck inn side.... gonna give it a try on the out going and then pack it in if no bites... i'll prob go back late tonight 2am to catch the next outgoing high tide

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Maybe morning...

That was the second "skunked" report I have heard this afternoon.

Think I'll head down there at daylight, rather than do the pitch dark thing.

If anyone is going in the morning, look me up. I'll be the one with the devil hat. (can't miss it!)

Bob

Update - 10:30 pm Sat. ... Escaped for a minute and drove down to Lesner. Just a few people there. Couple of guys wading had some (about 4) schoolies, but that was it.

Wind was light.

·
Registered
206 Posts
fished from 8-11pm gave up after not catching any. i saw about 15 pulled in all of size. biggest one being 30 inches. most were caught on bubble gum and shad. i am going to try again soon.
hoping for better luck next time

dan lee

fish til it hurts

shorecaster nice meeting u and thanks for the advice

·
Registered
202 Posts
Jay B and I hit it again this morning 0430-0700 with pretty much the same results as yesterday except more on the smaller side today. Lots of fish (and fishermen). Did see a lot of folks carrying very undersize fish to their cars....not a good thing to be doing.

·
Registered
251 Posts
me too

I also went to Lesner the morning of the 29th. Awesome wind stayed about an hour on the ramp side from 10-11:00am nada, Drove down to Rudee Inlet and same results. I did see some birds working about 1/2 mile offshore.I was hoping they would work they're way into shore but ---nope

1 - 13 of 13 Posts