Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the Ocean side of Lesner this morning with a few others from 6am -9:30am.

Tossed finger mullet out on some rigs, but no takers except a crab. Switched to a flounder rig baited with a squid strip & minnow and let the current (outgoing tide) take it across the sand bar with a slow retrive and managed (4) 16" flounder between us. Other than that, one small puffer fish and that's about it.

Saw a few small schools of finger mullet jumping here and there, but nothing really worth getting excited about. Didn't see anyone else catch anything!

Nice morninig too bad nothing was there!

Dixie

·
Registered
42 Posts
i was out there in the moring, about 7:00 or so and only manage 1 striper 24" on a blood worm.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Lesner Bridge Report!

I was there Saturday nite fish from 8 to midnight, caught one 18 trout the entire nite, fished from the bay side, the guy next to me caught a 5lb drum and 22" striper. The crowd was large at the bridge area, and i saw some people reeled in some stripers. Talked to one guy, he caught 4 that nite, brought them home, and drove back try to catch some more... Were anyone else there that nite? I was the one fishing on the bay side with he red light on the rods.

CrawFish

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lesner Bridge

CrawFish,

I was also there Sat night. About 50 yards closer to the bridge. Caught a couple small blues and a 12" Trout. I am new to the area, just move from upstate NY. I would really like to learn more about salt water fishing, especially cathing stripers. I threw just about everything i had in my box at them, from crankbaits to topwater plugs, tried mullet, cut spot, peelers and minnows. I fished from about 8:00 pm till about 1:00 am and no sign of the world famous striper. If any one has any tips or pointers for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and tight lines to all,

bassman2003

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
4 Stripers?

Unless the 1 guy caught his 1st 2 stripers before midnite on Saturday,and came back to catch his other 2, Sunday morning,per the VMRC regulations,you can only keep (2) stripers with the minimum length of 18 inches per day.

Well if the guy had some1 else that had a valid VA saltwater fishing liscense,or 16 and under,or 65 years or older with fishing equipment with them .....I can see how he could get 4 home at the same time....But......4 stripers......over the limit ,for 1 guy to take home

Not trying to be the fish police,but......REGS are Regs:)

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Nserch4Drum: there were 2 guys, but seemed like one guy was doing all the fishing, the other guy can't even cast his pole. I told him i was more than happy to hold the stripers for him, but he laughed and walked away.

Bassman: I was on the Bay side of the bridge.. the CBBT side, i didn't want to get in the mix of the crowd at the bridge. There were people who lured fishing, bottom fishing, and waders were out in the water. But right around the bridge areas, i saw people pulled some stripers.. next time i otta get there early to get a better spot..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts