Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello: I am considering a trip to do some fishing anywhere on the SC coast. I want to be able to catch sharks from the beach in the surf. I know there are some places that they do not allow this. I need to know where it is legal to fish for and take legal size sharks and where it is not. This is popular on the Florida coast during the black tip migration. I imagine there must be some good places on the SC coast line also. I LIKE BLACK TIP STEAKS ON THE GRILL. I do not live close enough to the coast to do this very often so I hope to get a couple of profitable trips during Nov or maybe even Dec. I fished for a living up north for about 8 years supporting a family of 5 during the 70's Boston Harbor then Cohasset Harbor then the North River. Was holder of inshore coastal Lobster. Now I am just an old retired man that is craving some fish. Whatever you can tell me about this will be helpfull.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know here in Horry county "shark fishing" is a no no. I asked the wardens about keeping accidentals, and they said to just release them. (Which I think is bs because we do have bag limits on certain species and in my mind, when I purchased my saltwater license, the state and I were in agreement that I could legally keep whatever the state said was legal. But whatever.) I believe it's alright in Georgetown county tho. Read this https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...EaP5BrV44X55O0v4A&sig2=lbao0EydpfeM1Ly65rLpjw

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Georgetown county and south. South of Garden City pier a ways and on. Unlikely you'll catch many desirable sharks in November or December.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well here it is Nov7th and I begin to think about fishing. I want to thank all that responded to my question. Yes I should post more often. But my life is just not permitting me to do much outside of those things demanded by the God of survival and my own temptation to bite off more than I can chew. I will see if I can get away for some fishing if I can I promise to post both before and after. Be well my friends and enjoy the fishing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts