Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great evening at sandy point! First things being first...I went to Warrens Bait Box for Blood worms. They were huge!! They made all the difference in the world. I caught two double headers of croaker and numerous singles using the fatties I purchased. I fished from 6:30 til 8:45 and caught twelve keepers, a ton of throw backs, and a notable 2 inch rockfish!! There was only one spot I caught also. The fat bloods made the difference!!:D

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Big Rad's successful trip to SPSP is just another example of fishing the out going tide. If you use the tide charts correctly you'll put fish in the cooler everytime.:D

Catman;)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Thanks for the report. Sounds like you had a good time. What was the size range on them keepers?

Warren's is awesome!

Warren's bait box is located off 97. Take the Dorsey road exit heading east (Exit 15 if I remember right). You'll hit a light at the B&A Boulevard intersection. Turn right here and the shop is about 50 yards on your left. Look for a small white square building.

Catman,
I see you are a fan of the outgoing tide too. :D

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
in out in out

Hey Catman and BigRad,

I am curoius. How much better do you do on the ebb tide than on the flood tide? They have both been somewhat productive for me in the past. Are there factors that I am not picking up on that would make the ebb better than the flood? Is the water running harder on the ebb?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
OldBay...On the ebb tide the water is actually pulling bait fish and small crabs out of their nooks and crannies where the bigger fish can wait in deeper water to ambush them. This doesn't happen during flood tide unless you are out in open water.

Catman.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What Catman said!

Actually thats exactly what I believe. That "rip tide thing that just sucks everything out is where I try to fish. In some places, at just the right time you can see it. I have found me a small one at SPSP that always puts fish in the cooler when the tide changes. It seems to really be good when the moon is in it's fat stages too...... So it's fat worms, fat moon, and falling tides that equals successful fishing for me:D

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I See.

Thanks for the tip guys! I hadn't considered the suction effect that the falling tide would have on creatures hiding in structures.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts