Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Andy
How much does the number of wraps you make with your shock leader and the line level on the reel effect your cast and distance and in what ways.Perhaps you could give some examples that you have experenced in the past
I hear a lot of the new casters that are not sure about how much line to use, how to reel it on the spool and how much shock leader to use.I know this isn't a seminar but your help would be appreciated.
BOB

·
Registered
576 Posts
Bob,

Nice try to get me to spill the beans :eek:

ShockLeader 80lb/0.80mm - I prefer 10 turns, I get more grip and theres always the safety issue to think about. I've tried 8 and I end up with a little slippage and then it's not SAFE. I've tried more and the leader oftern catches a ring on the way out thus parting the line and a bloody long walk to get a sinker and 33' of Shokleader. :mad:

Line 0.31 Sufix Supreme (other line may vary) - this will depend on the model and breaking of the reel - UMII will be barrelled with probably 80yds more line, 55 with blocks possibly only an extra 50 from a flat spool. UMIII a dead flat spool and 65 with blocks will ba about 1mm down from flat. If you've got too much line on the reel (UMIII/65)it will usually crack-off first cast. :rolleyes:

There are other reels out there but I've only listed the favourites.

Bob - please save any more like this for the next Extreme Casting Seminar ;)

Led.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come on Andy you know everyone will be at the extreme casting clinic.This is only a tiny example of your expert knowledge of equipment.
Your ability to cast speaks for itself.
bob

·
Registered
576 Posts
BigWillJ,

Who - Bob or Me ;)

Lets hope all goes well and we can all catch up later in the year. Perhaps we copuld even have hand-outs too.

Led.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts