Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Looking for some heavy jigs. More specifically, 6 8, or 10 ounce jig heads or buck tail jigs.

I have seen the BPS and Cabelas models, which I don't like so far. I also have spro.

I would really like to find the old barefoot tackle style jig head in the 6 ounce or bigger variety. If anyone has any suggeastions, please chime in. Thanks

·
Registered
990 Posts
Big Jigs

I usually mold my jigs using a factory mold but if I want something special, I make my own mold.

Whittle a prototype out of wood. I have used plastic. Using Bondo, make a mold and cast. C2

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Ryan get up on the Maryland board and get a hold of some of them boys living up on the Chesapeake bay... they use a bunch of them big jigs for deep trolling striper in the spring... if you can't find anyone that can turn you on to them, message me and I'll swing through there on my next trip up and pick some up for you... may even be able to pick up some molds as my best captain buddy retired and prolly won't be needing his anymore... :D

·
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys

Ill look around on the maryland board.

I was just looking for something in the 6-10 ounce range for bottom fishing here in SENC. Still testing the waters so to speak.

Tim BArefoot of Barefoot tackle used to make his gitzem jigheads up to ten ounces. I like them a lot. Ive found a few still for sale online. I like the way they stay flat on the bottom with the hook still up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts