Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from Buxton, they kicked us out due to this little cat 1 storm. Anyway, I fished the point up just past the lighthouse to include the jetties. Brought in blues, Spanish, puppies, mullet, croaker and some flounder... cant keep the flounder though.

They are hitting on fleas, fish bites, bunker, mullet and fish gum. Oh get this one, fishing next to a guy he reels in a Spanish off a mortician rig with fish bites.... that was a first for me.

If anyone knows the Bandit, he says hello and still won’t share the ” spanish secret”. I did see him wade out 25-30 yds into the washing machine on the point though. That could be secret....

Be good, stay safe And see ya out there!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Thanks for the report, I'll pass this on to my oldest son who may go down there with his camper after this storm passes, sorry your stay was shortened.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Its gotten rediculous at how quickly they force you to leave now for something as minor as a tropical storm that may or may not come close. I have 3 weeks in October planned....told my wife we would not make it that long without being kicked off for something.
Last Sunday I tried to fish on 48/49.............crazy crowded. Never do that again. That's why I pass on the Point now unless its mid week.
Thx for update........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts