Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished SPSP Sunday from 5pm-10pm, high tide was around 8 pm. Had my girl and cousin with me. Set up about 20 feet from the No swimming sign but still had to deal with people swimming under the lines. Everyone respected the kind "please move down" except one idiot who just sat in the water in front of my cousins rod. Back to the fishing. The blues were hitting on cut spot as soon as the bait was hitting the water, between my cousin and I we caught about 20 fish ranging from 6 in to 19 in being the biggest. Mix of small spot and baby stripers on my bait pole. My cousin brought a salmon head he kept from dinner the night before and proceeded to bait his hook, funny thing was he caught some nice blues off that thing. Well packed up around 10pm as the ranger was coming around, it was pretty funny to see the ranger stare at that salmon head like WTF? Well all in all a great day at SPSP.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
i just dont understand the morons who swim in front of fishing rods

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the swimming beach was packed but still enough space for everybody. just one idiot out of a lot of people how cooperated. this guy just looked at me when i asked him to move. he got the idea when we pulled a fish in right next to him.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've never fished at SPSP before but I might give it try after work one day. Looking at the park map, I saw 2 areas for fishing. One on the sand and one near the jetty. Where do you recommend to fish? Is there a shop nearby SPSP to buy BW?

Thanks,

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i like to fish the beach area, i can fish and my girl can lay out. havent fished the jetty in years. you can find BW's at the 7/11 before you get to spsp. hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts