Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello! Couple of questions for you guys. I will be fishing for sharks from the beach in Georgetown County SC in September. I know I need a license but do I need a shark permit as well? Also I am interested in keeping a shark to eat. From what I have read I can only keep a Bonnet Head, Sharp Nose, or Bulls or Blacktip over 54". I'm confused because on a charter last year I caught a 30" Blacktip and was offered to keep it? Any help is appreciated!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello! Couple of questions for you guys. I will be fishing for sharks from the beach in Georgetown County SC in September. I know I need a license but do I need a shark permit as well? Also I am interested in keeping a shark to eat. From what I have read I can only keep a Bonnet Head, Sharp Nose, or Bulls or Blacktip over 54". I'm confused because on a charter last year I caught a 30" Blacktip and was offered to keep it? Any help is appreciated!!
If shark fishing isnt banned in Georgetown like it is in Horry County then a saltwater fishing license should suffice.

Lots of monsters out there. But the Bonnetheads I only seem to see in the autumn, so perfect timing on that. The bigger Blacktips seem to be a mid summertime to autumn catch and ive hooked into some legal size on occasion (legal by state law, but not by local ordinance).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts