Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was me and 40mph winds yesterday fishing the Ocean. I had 3 miles of Beach to myself.
Anyway every cast did have a hit. Fished from 10:30A to 2:00PM. Caught 2 whiting and a croaker. I got tired of the little fish. Went to bigger bait and caught about 8 skates. Got tired of the skates and sandblasted ankles and decided to go home.
:D

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hey westmi. I may have talked to you. I was with my girlfriend, and we stopped for a bit to talk. You showed me your sea mullets and a while after we had walked down the beach you caught a skate. Anyway, good to see hear you got into the "Sandbridge Flounder". :D

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Back Bay is the killer undiscovered spot. If you're willing to walk a long way and drag your gear it is full of honey holes in the fall. But it sounds like things are just as spotty down there as everywhere else.

Have they been doing any better on the pier?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow,this is pretty neat Sandbridge Flounder. Who would of ever thought I would have spoken to a fellow Pier and surf viewer. Anyway, I bought a pass for a full year to that location so I probably will see you again.
Hey did you enjoy the walk? I thought I was nuts standing in that wind. Glad to see I'm not the only one. ;)

·
Registered
824 Posts
Until 1974 vehicles were allowed on that beach. You could drive all the way to OBX if desired. There are unbelieveable fishing spots all up and down that beach. There are numerous ship wrecks (large and small)many not known except to a few old guys, within casting distance of the beach, and areas of ancient tree stumps extending out into the ocean. The most widely known is the "Marble Wreck". It got it's name because it full of Italian marble. Strong winds can build large slews in a short time. If you are there at low tide remember to mark those areas and also out flows between bars so at high tide you will know where to fish.
Don't keep more than you can walk back with! Good luck!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dyhard,
I noticed what you where saying when I was fishing. It looks like real nice water. Now all I need to do is find one of those old timers. Thanks for the tips.

Thanks West

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yeah westmi, we did have a nice walk, despite the sandblasting. A good way down the beach we found a nice size black drum(50# range) that had washed up, head missing. Couldn't tell what happened to it because the smell was horrible. Good luck in the future and stop by the Little Island pier this summer. I'm there almost every day of the week waiting for Mr. Brown to swim by.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts