Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got out with one of my fishing buddies for a couple of hours on Saturday in the wind , rain, and cold. Periods of light rain, then fog, then downpours, repeat, repeat, repeat. High was 68 degrees at 7 am and the wind was blowing 15-20. :eek: Perfect fishing weather for a couple of guys in kayaks.:rolleyes:
The "fish of the day" was my buddy's 30+ in redfish that hit 11 1/2 pounds on his boga.

I caught the usual assortment of small trout, tons of blues, a rat red, and a couple of whiting that thought they were reds.

Sunday the weather was a little better. Bright sunshine, 58 degrees and the wind howling at 20 sustained....what the heck. I headed out after church to fish the falling tide. Jordan joined me and the the fishing was on again.
It was my turn for the big red of the day. A nice 24 inch fish with 3 spots on each side

We caught a few more reds each and a few trout with the largest at 20 inches

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
y'all sure earned it in those conditions. looks like you found some protected water and apparently the fish had the same idea.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I normally only get a kitchen pass on a Saturday, I'm going fishin on Saturday, regardless of the conditions. :D
My wife set me free on Sunday because I have to spend all this week in Michigan for work.:--|

·
Registered
624 Posts
nice work... My wifey has been wanting to got charelston for vacation, so of course the first thing I do is get the aerials on the screen and start looking around for fishing spots. How is the public access situation in the area for launching? Looks like there is a lot of shallow marsh areas with plenty of channels. Should things be on the up and up for specks and reds around thanksgiving?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are a lot of good public access points for launching. Not nearly as many as there used to be tho:mad:
Come check out sckayakfishing.com. there are a couple of posts with links to a bunch of launch points. I'm Too Busy there too.

Thanksgiving could still be pretty good. It just depends on how long the water temp stays up. If the rivers are still in the 60's it'll be good. Otherwise look for reds on mud flats and trout suspended in 9-12 feet feeding on live shrimp next to deep holes.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
nice work guys, congrats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts