Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Year's seminar was wonderful with Peter and Andy. It really takes time to learn to cast far. Learning something that really works; takes time. Neil's style of casting is different. Both styles cast a longggg way. I was frustrated last weekend, like I was last year; because when you learn something that is so different, you must re-learn; and that takes time. When my wife and I got home from the seminar on Sunday; Neil's STYLE started to sink in. I thought that my thinking had to be wrong, because I had just spent all weekend and I still did not understand. So I went to Wal-mart and bought some baseball's; rigged them and went to the field for 1 1/2 hrs. Long and straight. I sure did not have many of those over the weekend, while trying to learn Neil's style. Surprised was the word!! I decided that I might not have an opportunity like this again, to learn from an ACCOMPLISHED CASTER like Neil; so I called and re-signed up for this coming weekend. And I am really looking forward to re-trying Neil's PPT's that he brought along. Nice rods and an even nicer price. And the shipping is reasonable. I believe that the Sidewinder would fit nicely on my rod rack. That Copperhead would also be a very nice addition. Had a great time making some new friends, also. Larry. :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
reunion

It was good seeing you this past weekend. When I got home, I was to tired to even think. Well, it looks like it might be a remedial group reunion. With you, myself and that trouble maker Ralph all together once again. I too plan on attending the seminar again this coming weekend. I have to work out attending a wedding.

·
Registered
797 Posts
say it wit me...

p-man, aero: despite my meteoric rise in stature [admittedly its self grandioso] i am still a life long member of the "remedial group". in fact while aero was in delaware this weekend i pulled an general alexander haig and declared myself "in charge". :cool:
i can not wait to see what neil has in store for me. remember, when andy and peter for here for the x-casting clinic they had to improvise and come up with a cast that come make me competitive. that in itself was no small feat. so i am real curious to see what neil can do. judging by his reputation and the reviews i have read thus far, i am extremely encouraged.
can't wait to see you guys again.

Roy Yarmouth aka Acting Director of the Remedial Group ;)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Return of the Jedi

I'm glad to see so many of the folks who made last weekend fun are going back, cause.... so am I! And this time I'm bringing my wife.

Talk about "remedial group"? Sign us both up for that one!

It'll be nice to see you gents again.... This time get enough sleep during the week that we can get you all out for a few more beers on Friday and Saturday.

James and Richard and Larry and the rest of the Longcasters just made this an all-around enjoyable learning and socializing experience, and I think we were blessed with a great group of guys and gals that I hope to get to know better and do some fishing with.

Long casts and tight lines to all.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Remedial Group

Jedi,

Although there was a coup attempt them weekend while I was gone. I'm still the director of the remedial group. I will take your request into consideration and let you know. First, I have to deal with the person or persons that tried to over throw me.

Director, The Remedial Group

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Neil the BACKCASTER !!!!!

For sure; when Neil throws backwards, it goes!!!! His technique is so different. His start is really high.:) Larry. Hey Richard, I got another room at The Dutch Inn.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Missed the backcast

What was I doing when he did that, I missed it.

·
Registered
797 Posts
SANCTUARY

Aero993, I demand sanctuary!

Roy Yarmouth, Candidate for Govenor of California.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts