Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife says we are going somewhere The last week of March. Where should I go? I have all types of equipment. I ussually fish this trip in my home state of tennessee in search of stripers and cats, but this will be our only chance to touch the surf this year. We have been to atlantic beach, nags head, and fished out of oregon inlet in the past. I'll try anything!

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
Not sure if you're will to take a Hatteras-Ocracoke trip.. That time of yr could be good for either of those two,catching seamullet,blowtoads,and maybe a pup or grey trout...

You can come equipt with 8 to 10ft spinner 15 to 20lb line,regular bottom rig,buy some shrimp,mullet,or bloodworms.. If you have a rod that will handle over 6oz you could also try for a big drum that time of yr if water temps are right and ya don't mind soaking a bait for a while..

Even with the possible closures for birds there are still some good spots left to catch a variety of foodfish like blowtoads and seamullets,if water temps are right..

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
Thanks Drumdum for the info. Do the stripers and blues gang up around any of the inlets or beaches in March/April. Maybe its just an questionable time to go.

I wouldn't say "gangup"... More like a stray striper.. Could well be some of those "long skinny big bluefish" around at that time though...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.