Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A cupple of days ago the water was 55F there but with this weather it should be 45F by next week,and that will give those IRI Stripers lockjaw.When the water gets below 48F the Stripers will shut off so this weekend might be your last chance.;)

·
Registered
680 Posts
i wouldn't say that. yhey were there this am, and probably for another couple weeks.i've caught them there into jan. and once in feb.i've caught them there when the water was around 42-40.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Pappy,
There has been plenty of food in the inlet to keep them happy lately..don't forget IRI does have resident stripers..if anyone knows..bill does..the Indian River also has a good population of resident stripers..if you ever run across that guy Tim Barnett who won the Bills/Lewes Striper tourney..talk to him..he pouts in a lot of time at IRI and seems to always catch something.:)

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hear the Tau Tog do the same bitting at the inlet in January.If the Stripers are staying at IRI in January they should be able to bite at Masseys or Cape Henlopen when the water gets around 42F right?:rolleyes: ????????

·
Registered
166 Posts
I got my sandwich meat today IRI south jetty
2 linesiders, a fat 27 and a lean mean 30
The 30 fought like a 40 incher....
Drag was screamin thought I had a citaion.

see below attachment for COMBAT FISHIN"

·
Registered
680 Posts
dover. when you got them i was on the north side getting the little guys. in that current a 22 in./ feels a lot bigger til you get it in close, then you know why they like the fast and rough water.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts