Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to make a quick trip monday night,cause I knew I would be too busy on tues. partying and all.. so I waded the base of the cbbt @ 700pm the action was pretty good but they were all small... some sublegal. It seemed everyone was catching one here and there.
I landed one on mirro lure and lost another on a light metal spoon.the birds were working under the lights just out of casting range. best lure appeared to be the rattle trap.If your looking to hook a few more reguardless of size It might be a good spot for tonight the last bay night!

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
I was out there for a little while. Let at 7:30 to head to the Creeks and home (home mostly). The fish were small and slow with the wind keeping them out. Most of what I saw were sublegal or right at legal.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
rockhead, I too had to make that last day of the Bay season run.Fished the Lesner this a/m 0500-0630 hoping to catch some of the fish that my brother saw all day yesterday just off the beach from Lynnhaven to Fort Story. I figured they might run through the inlet looking for bait during the dark hours.I'm sure this was a logical line of thinking for this fisherman but apparantly the fish were thinking otherwise. Oh well I guess paying dues is always a good excuse for going fishing besides he's working there again today and I've got my toys in the truck just waiting for a phone call.Be carefull out partying tonight there's alot of crazies out on a night like tonight not to mention good ol' John-law.

·
Registered
2 Posts
tried the bulk of the day yesterday on a friend's boat.
31, 28, 25, 21, 20 18 inch between the three of us around the CBBT about 4p. working all day today, so can't go out.
best of luck.

:)

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Hey Rockhead - I was there too last night from 8-10. Those fish were hangin on the second bar just out of the cast zone for a rattletrap. I was able to throw close to it using a spoon but only managed a bump. Another guy (wetsuit guy, as I call him) was able to walk to the second bar and saw his rod bend on every other cast. Me and another guy tried walking out but stopped when his waders (he's 6'3) started to almost take in water (not good).
Anyway, I was the one with the red beanie and headlamp.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
*jay b I forgot to mention I hit the lesner 1st for about 30 min. got no fish lost some gear (only threw the cheap stuff) got pissed and left after too many snags, I got a room for tonight so I should be safe.
*Digger we musta been out there together cause I fished from 7-8
*chest to head I probably just missed you unless you were the guy I passed going to the car who asked if there was any action, I said there was a bite going on, yea wetsuit guy was doing pretty good he was fishing about 10 feet in front of me, he was the reasonn I mentioned the rattle trap was the hot lure.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Chest2head I was the guy who almost took on water over the top.I stayed a little longer but they stayed to far out for me,I would have waited for the tide to finish going out but bed and work was calling. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have two questions i need urgent answers to:
Is the James river Bridge Open today?
Is today the last striper season day?

Thanks- today is such a great day, it would be well worth the trip!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts