Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been fishing the lesner lately but mostly at night.got two nice flounder around 19-19.5 inches jiggin, one big grey around 25in jiggin, a couple short striper and countless blues. the hot bait has been crab. I have seen loads of huge greys to 8lbs and striper landed to 34 in. but watch out for those crowds if you go during the day expect to get tangled on every other cast or worse.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
rockhead, I too have been there a little in the last couple of weeks.Got into the Grey bite last tues. & wed., scored a couple nice ones, 1-30" & 1-28" with crab on the west, inside, at night & slack current.Also a few Striper,Blue& Flounder. What area are you fishing and when ?? Always good to meet fellow P&S'ers, be nice to "hook-up" sometime. Ditto about the crowds, it can get pretty crazy sometimes, even at night, but it's like fishing Cape Pt. if the fish are running you have to pay the price if you want to catch some. Just bring your patience and stand in line, most folks out there are pretty cool and for me it's easy to ignor the buttheads.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lesner is on shore drive in virginia beach. yea jay its all about patience, like when someone cast a 1oz rig over your sholder during strong current, and there like why do
i keep getting tangled. I would rather give someone 3-4 oz of lead than get tangled. I always fish there on the boat ramp side. in the middle of everyone

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I've fished too many crowded places to get excited about that stuff now, besides that Trout bite last week was too good to pass up. I usually avoid a crowd but when the bite is on I try to find the biggest hole between 2 others that seem to know what they're doing and go at it. If you get crossed over, hey that's part of it, but if it happens too many times then it's time to find another hole. I usually fish the outside bar because it seems to produce better. The grass beds back to the west of Crab Creek are pretty good also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts