Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started hitting good walleye and stripers at the Lake, so those of you who enjoy that area should keep an eye on the weather and plan to get out there.

Got 2 fat and tasty 3lb walleye the other night.

FW

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DHL: No. They have not put those in Anna. Just Stripers as far as I know.

And they don't eat Maggots...LOL.

FW

·
Registered
321 Posts
'Praps not there, but they do in the James.
Did I read you right? You are catching hybrids in the James? They are stocking hybrids in the James? Or were you talking about hybrids eating maggots? Years ago there were a very few caught in the river for a while. They had been stocked in Chesdin and when the water got high, some would go over the dam and end up in the App. & Jimmy. I remember seeing a very small handful being caught during the spring rockfish run in the James, and I caught one. But since they have not been stocked in Chesdin in many years and the fish cannot reproduce, they have finally disappeared, I thought.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Oh shoot. You got me all excited. The hybrids are a wider bodied fish than the rocks and pound for pound fight considerably harder. I was hoping, in my confused state, that maybe VDGIF had recently stocked some in the James. I swear man, you had me going.

With the James, in the Richmond area, being noted for producing good numbers of dead bodies, the rocks are probably becoming accustomed to feeding on maggots. Oh geeze, that just conjured up another thought for discussion with the group, while sitting around the hookah. When the spring season comes in, if we keep and eat a rockfish that has been feeding on maggots that have been feeding on a dead body, does that make us cannibals by proxy?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts