Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of knot do you use to tie your hooks and terminal tackle when making your rigs?

I use the snell knot for the hooks and double palomer knot for the terminal tackle.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Uni-knot for just about everything.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I use uni-knots when tying to snap or barrel swivels. I use dropper loops when making high-low rigs. That's pretty much all the knots I use, but I do use a palomar loop every once in a while if I am bored.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
For th hook I snell, barrell swivel from hook palomar, from line to barrell swivel either palomar or clinch knot.

·
Super Moderator
10,102 Posts
I can snell,but instead I put a nail knot on the shank of the hook,it is much faster and has as much strength as well.. I tie a clinch knot to the swivel,from the hook,because it is the easiest to get the proper length leader I want.( Most folks use crimps there,I guess I'm just ole school.. :rolleyes: )From the shock line to attach leader,I use a uni.. For the hi-low,I use the same as Anthony,a dropper loop..

·
Registered
290 Posts
I use palomar for just about everything and dropper loop for high low rig.
Still not sure what i like best for line to leader.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I user the Uni and Palamor knots, but I think this year I'll start using the other knots.

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Orest said:
What type of knot do you use to tie your hooks and terminal tackle when making your rigs?

I use the snell knot for the hooks and double palomer knot for the terminal tackle.
Tying to terminal gear - Cinch knot
Hi/Lo rigs - Surgeon knots on ends - dropper loops for rigs
Lures - Cinch knots unless I want more action on the lures then I tie a loop knot to allow more lure movement.
Hooks - most of the time I sneel my own with either 50/60/80 lb test leader material
Tying on teaser flys - cinch knot to swivel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts