Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Check out the Knot Guide link to your left. Most of the knots listed will work on 50# mono. One tip is to wet the knot before pulling tight.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Also look over in the Virginia Forum...the current post about leader material and knots. Some discussion going on there now about this very thing. Not sure what knot your trying to tie or what for but that post should solve it.

Just some tips : always moisten the knot before you tie it. And if you make a mistake while tieing it or it doesn't look right, re-tie...otherwise you'll pay for it later. Also, on heavier mono, if the knot requires turns, use less turns than you normally would with lightweight mono. And a dab of Pliobond helps it last longer. Be careful if you tie different materials together (ie, mono to flouro)...Fluoro will cut write through mono if under stress.

Tight lines....are due to strong knots!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got it licked

thanks for the tips.A little spit went a long ways to lube the knot and make it draw up tight. As long as I have been fishing I should have remembered that. I look at the knots with a magnifier,helps spot a bad tie Especially when you get older and cant see well anyway. I never used 50# before,and they didnt look good and drawn up tight.:eek: :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts