Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished KH a lot over the Holicays. The Point South of the Black Pelican is the only structure on the entire beach. The schools of Fat Backs showed up on Saturday, sadly there were no Stripers under them. It was amazing to see how that point held the fish, it consistantly had the most action. I watched the progression of birds and bait move down the beach. Every time they would hit the point, they would hold up.
With the absence of the main bodies of Stripers, the 13th is looking better and better. There are a few fish on the shoals at OI now but it still isn't the way it should be.
See Ya' There.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Looks like I am a 10-4. Looking forward to it, but what will the weather be like, what's the bait of choice, what can I bring, and do I bring waders, flip flops or both? Still really haven't seen the stripers at AI yet, but heading out Friday (first time in over two weeks, and boy was it hard, but I am scared of my wife, and she said I better listen) and will post results.

Have Jeep will travel. :D

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad you can make it Shaggy. In response to your question;

Don't know, nobody does.

I got the bait set up.

Yourself.

Both.

and good luck on your trip.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I will be staying in Kill Devil Hills for the week. If anyone needs a place to sleep, let me know. I am leaving here on the 7th and will not have computer access again until the 14th. So let me know who is coming by Sat. 6 December or just catch up with me on the beach. Driving a white 1992 Land Cruiser with rod rack on front and maybe a surf cart on back.
Staying at OUTER BANKS BEACH CLUB II unit II-8F. Telephone # is 252/441-6321.
Looking forward to catching some big old stripers.

Tigh lines...

Ken

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Ken, I'll be down sometime Thu th 11th. Prolly head on out ta OI an will try to track ya down. :)

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Due to the onset of this weekend's Nor'easter, the wife's Holiday party (on a boat) got moved to the 13th. I'll still try to make it down but need to leave by early afternoon.
Maybe I'll smuggle my boat rod on the party boat and some jigs and do some fishing while we're on the bay. :)

·
Registered
830 Posts
Good deal Cdog. I'll be fishing somewhere, more than likely at OI soaking bait unless they blitz somewhere and I find out about it.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
sorry

I am having complications due to my surgery(in/out of hospital icu for the past 2 days, rapid loss of blood and weight=15lbs, severe migraines from the morphine) Dr. pretty much said I can kiss Kitty Hawk get together goodbye and if I don't get better soon the tog trip too. Don't count me out yet but I will let you know in the next few days if I can make it or not.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
nope from a septoplasty and turbinectomy(restructuring of my nose so I can breath through it again). My biggest problem is I won't stop bleeding! If it doesn't stop by tomorrow Dr. says I might need to add some blood to my tank:(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts