Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I got out fished by 1mo, glad you had a good trip. Back to the report, fished Saturday till about 2, lot of pretty little blues, nice and fat and a couple of Black Drum. Sunday about the same. The fall runs have not started as of yet, this was made clear by the Frank and frans Drum tourny, No big Drum only a couple of Yearlings. I heard of a couple of big Stripers caught in Crolla and a bunch of Puppys and Specks at Outer Banks Pier. I guess I made all the wrong choices again.

PS the Kitty Hawk beaches are nice and wide with alot of sand coming back, looking good for December.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If all holds

Just south of the Black Pelican a nice point has made up. This is the only structure on the beach from old Kitty Hawk Pier to Avalon Pier. The fish have always come to the beach in this area, so that point will be the place to be. My prediction is Dec. 13th will be the day, This comes from a dream i had the other night.
Remember, this strecth of beach is not as well known as some like the point and OI. There is a chance that I'll be the only person there, except for some of you guys maybe. See you on the sand.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I think"some of you guys" just became an event for 12/13....see ya there and Black Pelican has a nice cozy atmosphere and good food.......the R

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
An event I like that.

What do ya' say, Who's coming? How bout it R, CDog, 1mo any of you Striper folks. December 13th, Kitty Hawk Beach, I'll be there.

Wait a minute, What if a bunch of ya'll show up and their is not a Striper within 40 miles. I guess I will look like a Putz, but I could win the bag of marbles too. You gotta' believe in your dreams, Right.

Let's see, December 13th, 6:00am, on the beach south of the Black Pelican, on that nice point. It's a date.

PS If I'm wrong you fine folks can rag on me for a year.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hey that's a Saturday

Count me in, And don't worry if there are no stripers there will be plenty of company and I'm sure that means plenty of fish stories

Hopefully by that time I would have landed my first drum

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Wilber....it sounds good and I will pencil in the date.However, the family visits NYC prior to the holidays and I'll have to double check for which dates the reservations were made .I know what yall are thinken but hey, ya gotta keep peace on the homefront.....the R

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Sand Flea

It's on the calendar. 1mo looking forward to it, hope you make it R. The "Rusty Ritz" is very close (Walking Distance), I think a cook out is in order "Stripers on the grill anyone" or Hot Dogs(maybe Crow) if I am wrong.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Where ya at Cdog??DD??.......this is shapen up like your kind of event.I'm sure there's a pool-table somewhere close by!!!...the R

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Guys this is sounding like a plan! Wilber, can't remember where th Black Pelican is, I know i've seen it a million times. Are there any decent(read cozy an affordable) motels right around there. Guess I should check with th better half to make sure I can go. Oh yea their aint a better half, I'm in! :D

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Black Pelican is around MP 4, I think.
Point break huh? May have to get there earlier than you all and get my surfing in before you chuck lead at me. :)
Count me in. Heck, KDH is about an hour from the house anyway.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Mile post 4, thanks chest2head&glassy, it'll be cool to put faces with names. Funny were doing it in NC huh? Wilber I thought you put it on th calander, did you put it private or public? I went to Dec but its not there.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is going to be good

When coming on the Island on the bypass road you turn left at the 7-11 and TW's to get to the Pelican. There is a public parking area next door, should be a good place to meet.
CDog I'll check on the room thing this weekend and let you know.
C2H&G, it's a bad spot for a board, but down the beach is a good bar on the right wind, but we are hoping for NE and 15, sorry.

PS Bait will be an issue that time of year, I'll try my conections and work on setting something up, my, my, I love the smell of Bunker in the Morning.

PPS I am getting some Tshirts for this deal, one set with everyone hooked up to a Striper, one set with me eating a Crow.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Wilber ...ya forgot the 72 degree temp.........the R

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
R, I think 72 is a bit of a strech, I would be happy with 50.

·
Registered
634 Posts
i'm interested in going to OBX..never been there.....are the fish usually biting good in december?... are ya'll driving down for the day or staying over night?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Guys,
That is the beginning week of the Wright Bros First in Flight Centennial celebration. You may find that most places are already booked that whole week, and if you're able to find a place, dig deep in your pockets. I originally planned that week until I found the place I usually stay was booked.
In years past, the first week of December usually produce some of the best and bigger stripers running thick. But this year has proved everything bass-ackwards. Hope it falls in like years past.
Have fun and may your reels get spooled.:D

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
reel-n-m-n said:
Hey Guys,
That is the beginning week of the Wright Bros First in Flight Centennial celebration. You may find that most places are already booked that whole week, and if you're able to find a place, dig deep in your pockets. I originally planned that week until I found the place I usually stay was booked.
In years past, the first week of December usually produce some of the best and bigger stripers running thick. But this year has proved everything bass-ackwards. Hope it falls in like years past.
Have fun and may your reels get spooled.:D
Thanks for th heads up,hopefully it'l work out.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts