Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a picture of the pier that was taken while actually out there? Can you post it? I'm interested in seeing the size of the pier and some of the fishing action?

Thanks

·
Registered
846 Posts
its not really a pier pier more like a bulk head with rails but very very nice either way

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks to be a nice relaxing spot. Good play space for children in the middle.

Not sure bout that "step up to the rail" incline though. Asphalt?? Or are my eyes playing tricks on me? :confused:

Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
It's a cement walk way all the way around the 3 sides of the pier. It's the old ferry landing.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Gotta get my eyes checked one of these days, lol.

Let me ask you this.... Do they allow grilling in Kiptopeake State Park? If so, are the cooking areas located within easy walking distance of the pier area?

·
Registered
278 Posts
kip

they had big lights shining on the water there .....they were between the rail and the water......water like 10ft from rail.......it may have changed but no lic is need on the pier...but lic is needed for fishing off the beach..i think they still want 2$ a day to fish ,. dont know if with a va lic you still have to pay the 2$...camp there on the way down to HI...the camp ground is nice....some sites you can walk to the beach, nice boat ramp, they rent trailers there too......JS

·
Registered
171 Posts
Not sure about the cornhole, but it is always smart to follow the game laws especially at Kiptopeke. The Game Warden will visit sometime during the day nearly everyday when it is busy. He will measure every fish you have.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Be careful out there, I heard from a friends brother that his buddies uncle saw some gay activity out there. So watch your cornhole out there!
I have been to Kipto hundreds of times and have never seen any "gay" activity there. Lots of joggers, families, fishermen, and dogs. Your friend's brother's buddy's uncle probably saw 2 guys holding hands or something, and got worried he was going to get turned gay by seeing it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have been to Kipto hundreds of times and have never seen any "gay" activity there. Lots of joggers, families, fishermen, and dogs. Your friend's brother's buddy's uncle probably saw 2 guys holding hands or something, and got worried he was going to get turned gay by seeing it.
AHHH!!!!! You must be one of them gays!!!! Don't get it on me!!!

·
Registered
573 Posts
AHHH!!!!! You must be one of them gays!!!! Don't get it on me!!!
Thats funny stuff Paul. I used to work for the park service and your right, them gays are everywhere. I was at Newport News park and on rainy days they would lock the bathrooms so you had to go to the main office to keep em out. Rest areas, malls, community colleges, etc. are all meeting places of those guys. I would have never noticed unless someone pointed it out. I'm sure if youv'e been to Kiptopeak a bunch of times you've seen it, just didn't know what you were witnessing. There really bad at Bennets Creek park in Suffolk. The cops do stings out there on them. Whatever you do, don't go the bathroom alone! :eek:They might have you fishing with a rainbow rod. Crazy!

·
Registered
7 Posts
ive fish out there alot. theres a small peir and a boat launch there and either side has sand beach.the one the left of the boat launch is your best bet for fishing. and you can camp and cook out there too. its a great little town. the restraunt there has very good bbq rib dinner just in case.we go there with the boat all summer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.