Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
I think you'd have a much better shot at King's from the Va Beach pier and LIP... I know that a few Kings end up in the Bay around mid-July, but they are typically smaller and less abundant than on the ocean front... Just some food for thought... I hope the Flatties and Macks make a good showing at the new pier this season:fishing:

Zigh
><((((*>

·
Registered
547 Posts
I think you'd have a much better shot at King's from the Va Beach pier and LIP... I know that a few Kings end up in the Bay around mid-July, but they are typically smaller and less abundant than on the ocean front... Just some food for thought... I hope the Flatties and Macks make a good showing at the new pier this season:fishing:

Zigh
><((((*>
amen to that. I had the pier record spaniard, pic was on the wall...now i have to try to break the record again...cuz i don't have any proof of the old one.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Let's hope the predictions of a good Flattie season are true... The Mackeral bite was the best I'd seen in 5 years last season... LOTS of BIG fish!!!!:D Sure gets the blood boiling just thinking about it!!!!

Zigh
><((((*>

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
There was a time that fishing on top was allowed. But the fish were taken on the bottom. So that is why the rule went into effect, creating more room for more people. Pin rigging takes up allot more space. But the city will be running things so there will be some trial and error on the pier rules. The best rule is do as the locals do, not say.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got busted out there 12 years ago ,sneekin athreadfin on afloat the way i got caught was with a43 # cobe theres fish on top and on bottom why not try to get as many lings as you can rather than hoping a fish will hit on bottom.i like the way the locals fish out there but any other pier if your ars is wired tight why not ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I fished off that pier alot from the mid 80s to 1992. Learned to pin rig first off Avalon and Kitty Hawk before I even fished Buckroe. Even though I lived in Newport News. I remember always having a lot of current out there at times. Even a live bluefish had trouble staying just below the surface most of the time. A live bait would last that long out there because of the current. Some of the locals that fished out there, who also fished the NC piers ,tried a pin rig from time to time with the same results. Bottom fishing seemed the best way to go. I wonder if some of the names I remember from Buckroe are on this board?? They were some great charactors that fished out there back in the day. Even know I went to the "dark side "with a boat, I may have to give it another try this summer.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BOOSHAT IT ALL GOES BACK TO HOW YO FISHIN OUT THERE. I LIKE THE WAY EVERYONE PULLS UP ,TO FIGHT A FISH BUTI ALSO HATE THE WEB ,BUT GO FIGURE I JUS WANNA KNOW SO I DONT BRING TOO MUCH CRAP. I LOVE JUST BRINGIN A ROD TOO TOSS OUT, IM JUST TRYIN TO FIGURE OUT HOW YOU GUYS AND GALS ARE GONNA FISH OUTTHERE BECAUSE THATS YOR PIER AND I RESPECT THAT. SINCERELY THE PIER:mad::beer::beer::fishing: PIG:beer:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can cast well over 100yards never throw sinkers at boats just havin some fun being bored the majority of you out there know me work fish drink beer is my motto.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ALL THE REELS ARE CLEAN AND SPOOLED PLENTY OF KING AND DRUM RIGS MADE INSIDE OF HOUSE PAINTED TRUCK CLEANED OUT FISHING CLOTHES ALL WASHED PACKED READY TO GO ,NO FISH:confused:IF ILIVED IN FLORIDA NOTHING WOULD GET DONE ,WENT DOWN TO RUDEE THIS MORNIN CASTED AROUND GOT WET TRYIN OUT ATRASH CAN SPECIAL AFENWIK LUNKER STIK W/ A SHIMANO SY 2000 WORKS GREAT BUT NO FISH ,:beer::beer::beer:I CANT BELIEVE THE STUFF PEOPLE THROW OUT.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.