Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I posted a thing on here about an rod holder for king fishing. I was wondering if anyone has one that they use that is good and would like to tell me where to buy it. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing. I'd love to have a pair of them with the anchor rod holder too.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
I bought mine a Buckroe Beach Fishing pier. I have seen them in several places.
I beleieve TW's and Princes Anne Dist have them. Buckroe Bait and Tackle had them as well.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
This is the one I use, the only problem is the jaws are too big for my rod, so i had to use electrical tape and a styrofoam cup to add some bulk so it would actually grab the rod. Other than that, works great. You don't have to pull back on the rod to get it out,, just lift straight up.

Down-East Salty S-10 Rod Holder

·
Registered
285 Posts
most piers that people king fish off of have the holders available although you can probably find 'em cheaper ordering online or a bait and tackel shop. As far as likes and dislikes, everyone i've met has different views on rod holders for kings, been thinking of making some simple ones with a c-clamp and some steel.

Tight Lines

Tim

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I use the S-10 as well. Down East also makes a 1-clamp version which goes for about half the price of the 2-clamp. The 1-clamp is good for an anchor holder, and some use it for the fighting rod as well. This is fine if you only catch small kings, but a big king will pull out the single clamp.

Also, on some piers the king fishermen don't use holders for the fight rod. they just set down the rod and use an anchor strap (usually a dog leash) and most piers provide vertical PVC pipes attached to the end of the pier for anchor rods to set in.

The S-10 is usually availible on eBay, at local tackle shops (none at Wal-Mart :( ), and most pier stores. Pier store is more expensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts