Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with great sadness that I post the news I got today at work regarding my fishing brother/Good Friend/Firefighter.

Kramer was Killed in action in Iraq 6/29/30

He was known here on Pier and Surf as well as other boards as EDWKRM.
PIctures; Kramer Then Jose and Kramer at the point.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry to hear that I lost 2 buddies while we were in Iraq. I cant think of a more honorable way to go then to lay down your life for your country. Its because of him and all the other men and women that have laid down there lives that we have the freedoms we do. I am great full to him and everyone else that has served their country and paid the ultimate price.

·
Super Moderator
3,417 Posts
My thoughts and prayers will be with Kramer's family, friends, and loved ones.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Im new here and didnt know him but hearing of any loss is too much. Very sorry to hear :( My thoughts and prayers will be with the family.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
Such sad news. I know first hand what his family is going through right now. My thoughts are with you. To his mother and father, where your gold stars proudly. He is a true hero. I will ware mine tomorrow in honor and rememberance of him.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Wow. That is such sad news. My heart and prayers go out to him and his family. He is a true hero in my book.

·
Registered
159 Posts
For some it's hard to relate...

But I do---I lost two friends in the Viet Nam era. It's tough when you think that there is everything to look forward to and then they're gone at such a young age. Now that I'm retired, I live life to the fullest because you never know.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Well, any death in a combat zone is terrible, but when it's this close to home, it really hits hard! My thoughts, prayers and condolences go out to the family. I sure as hell wish he could still be here with us, and out on the beach fishing! DAMN...this SUCKS!

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
If there is a Buxton or Ft Fisher in Heaven....Kramer is there right now.... Rest In Peace. Met him a handful of times and heard about all the great stories from Ryan...

Wow..I'm still choked up.

Ryan, did the rod ever get done?

·
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nope, I never started on his new rods. I got the blanks at the house. I kind of knew the colors he liked; the ones on the 1502 he got from you. But I was holding off until he came back as he expressed intrest in wanting to learn how to build and help build his new ones too.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts