Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Met up with Shaggy at about 5 pm to do some fishing at the narrows. Bite was a lot slower than the last time we went but still did ok. Shaggy got him a nice blue and a couple oyster toads. I ended up with a nice 18 in rock on peeler crab and a few toads too. Water was a lot murkier than last time, must have been some rain runoff from yesterday. I caught a bunch of dinks and a couple nice blues off of my yozuri casting into the lights next to the bridge. Here is a couple pics: Yeah I know cheezy smile:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another one

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and another

·
Registered
374 Posts
nice report and pics. I was on the east side after 9 lastnight. it was a bit slower than the weekend too. no keepers this time but a lot of dinks and a handful of small blues.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Nice rock Jason. Glad to see you're posting some pix. I see Shaggy is using disc sinkers. How are they on the rocky bottom? I'll give you a call this evening.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah them disc sinkers work pretty well there. They tend to not hang up on the rocks when reeling in. I never seen one before but shaggy let me use one.:D

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
FL FISHERMAN said:
... I caught a bunch of dinks and a couple nice blues off of my yozuri casting into the lights next to the bridge.
YoZuri's now instead of bait? Welcome to the "Dark Side".

...Must have been Joey's influence... ;)

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah probably but you can't help it there. Them fish are just busting like crazy all over the surface. You would be silly not to throw some lures at them.;) I do got to say that is twice in a row I have got some nice fish at the narrows after getting skunked the 3 times before that. Oh yeah Joey there was a guy there using your name and making it look bad. He was SHAGGY's buddy!:p

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
I was wondeering how long it would take to bring up the city transplant, whose brain just seemed to be working about a year behind. Hey Jason, sell ya a lighter for $3, and it flashes LOL!

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Didn't fish, and riding a girls bike, so he must be living here now and close to the Narrows.

:barf:

Crazy fisherman eastern shore or western shore, I can deal with, but flamin' idiots from anywhere, just have a hard time doing so. Heck, alot of fishermen (and women) are crazy, why else would we stand on the beach of AI in November, with NE 15-20 and rain. My wife constantly reminds me this time of the year, and through spring that I am crazy, and I listen to her cause she knows what she is saying and doing, jeeze, she got a catch like me she must be smart. :D

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The best part was when he fell on the rocks. I would of fell over laughing if I didn't think he was seriously hurt.:eek: I mean this guy fell so hard he disapeared in between the rocks. He took a nice shot on his neck from a rock. It took him 5 minutes to get back up. And he wanted me to buy that lighter off of him so he can get another 6 pack!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Okay Jas, all kidding aside ( ;) ), Hat started with the mention of you working on a new GF, I said something about what, a new guy friend, and then that showed up? Coincidence or........? Heck, no wonder the fish weren't biting, when he hit the rocks he scared 'em all the way to the ocean (look out AI, here I come). I have had more than a FEW too many, but , seldom (would say never, but an ol' college buddy might show up and prove me a liar, I'll leave it there). I'm already a fool and an other, but I don't want pappy saying shaggy as an abbriviation for liars, fools and others.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Okay PapPy, girls are about to leave for school, so I should be heading out to the Narrows shortly. Taking some cut bait and peeler, and tide should be close to high. Probably stay to slack, try and get some fresh soft crab for lunch and some fresh peeler for next high tide this evening. I'll post with results. It's tough living so close to a nice fishing spot. Was thinking about AI for the day, but calling for showers, and I'm just not in the mood to be on the beach with rain.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That one is a Monster!!!;) You can catch them all night there just like that but most are a few inches bigger.

·
Registered
374 Posts
nice fish. you're standing on my spot. :D j/k

believe it or not, there are some nights they are steady bustin the surface and you can't get a single hit.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts