Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fished the Narrows lately? We're coming up on the end of the season soon and I'm curious if anyone has had luck with the cooler temps.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
The last time I was there was last week on wed. Even though I didn't catch any keepers, I saw 7 caught by others. Nothing jumbo sized, but the keepers were running 18-22 inches and very fat. The regulars there were telling me that the larger fish are there, you just have to weed through a ton of small ones before you get a nice one. I would think that the colder weather would have brought in the nicer fish but who knows. Let us know if you head out there.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Last time I went was the end of last week, released one small keeper. The fishing has really slowed down. Total fish caught was 3, even the boaters had a hard time catching with consistency. Bay water temps have dropped just below 50 (currently 45.9 degrees). Perhaps it's the cold fronts we've been having lately. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
720 Posts
I can't imagine what the water temps will be after this weekend. It's going to be a cold one. Are those who caught anything at the Narrows using lures?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Wrong Way said:
I can't imagine what the water temps will be after this weekend. It's going to be a cold one. Are those who caught anything at the Narrows using lures?
all the time. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts