Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Fished under bridge last night 5:45-9:00 with my son, not even a nibble. I was hoping the temperature drop and fishing the tide would get us a little action but no luck. There were also 2 or 3 small boats fishing under the bridge and I didn't see a single fish caught.

Scott

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey... I just started fishing Kent Narrows. Can somebody clue me in on what to use lure/ live bait to catch a Rock Fish. I'm fairly new to surf and pier fishing. Thanks...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Fish the incoming tides. Use hard or soft plastics, let the tide drift them to the shadow lines. Do not retreive quickly. The fish are there when the baitfish are there so look for boiling waters.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Fish the incoming tides. Use hard or soft plastics, let the tide drift them to the shadow lines. Do not retreive quickly. The fish are there when the baitfish are there so look for boiling waters.

I actually fish the outgoing (Best results) and I use Storms and Bass Assasins. Wildeye shad in Blue this late in the season at 3 to 5 inches in length. The BA's I use are from white to pink;) Some folks like white rattle traps:rolleyes:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've had better luck with incoming, I usually fish Kent Narrows at least once a week, it's all on the bait fish though I guess. I might fish some outgoing this week since the incomings are coming in too early for me. Rattletraps, Rapala X Raps and Storm swim baits are what I've found work best out there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
How to read the tide

Hey... I just started fishing Kent Narrows. Can somebody clue me in on what to use lure/ live bait to catch a Rock Fish. I'm fairly new to surf and pier fishing. Thanks...
Is there a web site that will tell me when the tide is coming in or out near Kent Narrows? Hey Penn, I met you with my cousing Tony on Friday night. We stayed until about 3 am. Caught 3... no keepers.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool

I might be going out tonight or tommorrow. Im going to call L see if he wants to go!!

Penn
Is there a web site that will tell me when the tide is coming in or out near Kent Narrows? Hey Penn, I met you with my cousing Tony on Friday night. We stayed until about 3 am. Caught 3... no keepers.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
not trying to start a pissing contest BUT

you might want to listen to Big Rad...he's told you almost all the secrets...he just forgot to mention the shadow line...:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts