Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fished The Narrows with my dad and Shaggy last night from 12:30am to about 6am. My dad caught a few white perch on bloods and we were catching dink stripers on lures. My dad was using an Assasin and i was using a rattle trap. I had one striper swallow the rattle trap and that was that. I switched to a rattling minnow which i caught a 17.5in striper on after about 10 casts. All stripers were released safely except the one that swallowed my rattle trap. The line i was using was very light so when he started flopping around the line broke and he fell back into the water bleeding very badly. I felt sorry for him though and said a small prayer in his honor to the fish gods.........Tight Lines

MC

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Yeah MC, sorry about the 1/2" and time of day, but stick with it, you'll get your keeper this fall! Always a pleasure meeting up with you and your dad. I'll check my work schedule for next week, and maybe SPSP Monday if I'm off and you and dad are game (and maye Hat?).

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Shaggy...When do you think the big boys will move into the Narrows? I fish the Narrows every year but not until November. Last Thanksgiving Day evening I boxed two stripers, one 26" and one 33" on a 6" top water Yozuri. Also had one spool me. Lost about 250 yds. of Power Pro and a Yozuri. That was $35.00 worth of tackle and never did get to see the fish. Hope to fish with you there this fall.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Depends on the water temps, still bunch of little guys, but I'm figuring within two to three weeks. Since I get there quite often (not even five minutes from home), I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Thanks Shaggy. That's about what I figured. It all starts there in November, can't wait. Nothing like a big striper slamming a topwater.:D So SWEEEEET!:)

Catman.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Master Caster

You'll get your big fish before the year is over;When the time is right BAM! the big 45" Striper will hit you.Eventough you'll have to wait a little for him.Keep Trying you'll get a fish you can really brag about.;)

·
Registered
374 Posts
You're suppose to be happy. :p j/k thanks for the report. i was just about to go out the door and try my luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts