Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Never fished there but I go by everyday to work. Scouting lately, just looking and learning. West end rockier and more current. East end appears calmer, less current, can go to other side of bridge and try by the marina bulkheads. Any preference to which end to fish and for what species?

New 800K+ townhouses being built on point...nnniiiccceee access to the marina channel and tidal backwater...saw lots of baitfish in there.

Any suggestions or tips?

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Well west end has more rocks between boardwalk and water but if you bottom rig it has less snags than east side. East side is a little deeper but both sides I think are productive if you are using lures for stripers.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the east side of the narrows, if you walk under the bridge from the north to the south side there is a small grassy patch accessing a small backwater cut for a marina, bulkheads and boats. Watched piles of baitfish in there, swirling eddys from the current. Looked very fishy for casting a few lures or dropping a bottom rig.

Going toward Red Eyes make he right onto the road into the new townhouses. Easy casting acces into the marina backwater...loads of baitfish in there, some rip rap, culverts outwashing water from the tidal marshes on the other side of the road..again, very fishy looking for casting a few lures.

I've been spending most of my time just watchiong how people fish there, asking questuions and listyening a lot, where currents are strong, where not, weights used and the like. I'm especially interested in slower pools, backwaters etc where food may settle for some bottomfeeder action:D :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts