Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since someone kept bugging me about a report, here goes ;). I arrived at there a little after six and saw sandflea shortly there after. He rigs up right away and hooks up with several stripers, including a skinny keeper that he throws back. I rig up and catch one immediately. I rigged up an eel on a fishfinder to throw out b/w the pilings but it took too much time. After I cast out the eel, I tried throwing lures again and caught a few more, including another shad!! That is the 4th trip in a row that I have seen or caught a shad. What are they still doing here? Anyway after the tide went slack, me and SF decided to get a drink and come back later. We heard that a guy on the east side pulled out a 23 & 24 incher earlier. When we got back, there were still dinks being caught. Then the wind came and SF headed out. I probably should have followed him but being the dummy that I am I stayed. It got pretty bad weather wise until about 11:00. I was just about to leave but then the weather died down and I saw the only other guy out there pull out a keeper on a grub. I was messing around with a bobber and minnow and catching the occational dink. After I see he catch another keeper, I decided to throw out some small storms that was using earlier. I proceeded to catch some nicer fish than I caught earlier but still no keepers :(. I think the bite was best just before me and SF got there. They were biting pretty aggressively when we first started out. The water is still too warm. I will probably try again sometime next week and hope that this cold front that comes in will help bring in the bigger boys. It seems that the average fish is getting bigger, so let's hope for the best.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Who was bugging you! We should get that guy!;) At least you finally got to meet Flea in person and had a drink with em!:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts